Driving Miss Daisy Scene 1
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- An elderly woman puts on a fancy hat as if she's going to the Kentucky Derby.
- But she's just going to the Piggly Wiggly. You have to be fancy to shop at a grocery store with that name.
- She tells her maid, Idella, that she's off to the market, and she walks out the door.
- She gets into the driver's seat of her car, and with nice lacy gloves turns the key in the ignition.
- Then she floors it backwards, down the driveway, and into a hedge.
- Looks like Miss Daisy can't drive herself.
- A truck tows Miss Daisy's car from the ditch where she left it.
- The whole town gathers to gawk at the spectacle.
- But Daisy hides inside.