Driving Miss Daisy Scene 9
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- At Miss Daisy's home, she doesn't understand why Hoke and the cleaners are "carrying on." There will be no laughing in her house. She's a woman who can say "Piggly Wiggly" without cracking a smile.
- Hoke drives Daisy to Temple. He waits outside and shines the car.
- After Temple, she gets in the back seat and orders Hoke to hurry up out of there.
- In the car, Hoke asks if Miss Daisy is upset at something he's done.
- She was embarrassed that he parked right in front of the temple. He made her look like "a g.d. fool."
- She doesn't want anything thinking she's showing off her wealth by having a chauffeur.