Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Scene 1
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- We start off with some blue text in the middle of the screen reading, "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…." (The Empire Strikes Back). Oh, so it's a period piece then?
- Boom—and here comes that music. It's getting us hyped already.
- Next comes Star Wars' trademark opening text crawl, which gives us the current state of the universe.
- In A New Hope (the first film) we saw the Rebellion, led by Luke Skywalker, destroy a mega-weapon created by the evil Empire called the Death Star.
- Things haven't gotten much better in the three years since, however, forcing the Rebels to hole up on the remote planet Hoth.
- Meanwhile, Darth Vader, our Big Bad, has recently begun launching probes in hopes of finding this secret base.
- Easy enough, right? Well get ready, because this thing is about to go down.