Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Scene 11
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The Falcon is still being pursued by Imperial ships. Unfortunately, the hyperdrive system once again fails when they try to escape, because of course. Lando swears that he fixed it.
- Meanwhile, Darth Vader reveals that he ordered his troops to deactivate the Falcon's hyperdrive after Lando repaired it. Clever Sith!
- As he watches the Falcon fly away, Vader tries to convince Luke to join the Dark Side once again through a telepathic conversation. For his part, Luke seems really ticked that Obi-Wan lied to him.
- Suddenly, R2 (who had apparently heard about Vader's hyperdrive-deactivation from a computer in Cloud City) fixes the system and the Falcon jumps into Hyperspace. Success!
- We cut to the Millennium Falcon docked to a ship that seems to belong to the Rebel Alliance. Phew. Lando, who's on the Falcon with Chewie, tells Luke that they'll notify him when they find Han.
- Oh, neat—Luke has a shiny, new robotic hand, though it looks exactly like a human hand.
- We then cut to Luke, Leia, C-3PO, and R2-D2 looking through the ship's window as the Millennium Falcon passes by.
- With that, we cut to one final shot of the fleet flying through space and the movie ends.