Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Scene 18
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Clem and Joel are chilling in a forest.
- Clem, who, remember, is just a figment of Joel's imagination, tell him he should wake himself up.
- Joe opens his eyes, and for a moment, he can see the ceiling of his apartment. But then it's gone.
- Then Joel and Clem are sitting on the couch, and Clem tells him they should hide in a different memory before the eraser people show up.
- This seems like a decent idea to Joel, so he thinks about a time when he was outside in the rain as a kid.
- The plan works. But this memory quickly changes into another memory in which Joel is very young and playing with a yo-yo under the table.
- Joel wants to be noticed by his mom… and he wants ice cream. He has the mental faculties of a four-year-old.