Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Back in Brainerd, Officer Olson interviews a man who has a lead on the homicide.
- The man, Mr. Mohra, says he was tending bar when a funny-looking guy came in and tried to find out where he could find a prostitute.
- Mohra refused to help him, and then the guy claimed Mohra must think he's a jerk and that the last person who thought he was a jerk ended up dead.
- Mohra says the man is probably staying out on Moose Lake. He kept saying "I'm going crazy out at the lake."
- Carl, his bleeding cheek bandaged with a napkin, drives down the highway, then removes and counts some of the bills from the suitcase.
- He buries the remainder in the snow near a fence off the side of the road.
- We get a shot of an infinite stretch of white sameness along the road.
- Taking that in, Carl marks the place with a small windshield scraper he sticks in the snow.