- Our MC is asleep on a plane and examining car accidents for his job.
- We get a montage of him falling asleep and waking up in a variety of locations.
- "If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?" he muses in voiceover as he passes Brad Pitt's character on a moving walkway at the airport.
- At a hotel room, he eats a mint and watches TV and…is that Brad Pitt again in the corner of the TV?
- On a flight, he imagines the plane getting hit by another plane, torn apart, and crashing. Um, we're going to travel Amtrak on our next trip…
- He wakes up on a plane next to Brad Pitt's character, who is reading the safety information card in the seatback pocket in front of him.
- They chat about "the illusion of safety" and oxygen masks.
- Our MC asks Brad Pitt what he does for a living. Brad Pitt pulls out his briefcase—the same one as our MC—and tells him that he makes soap.
- He gives our MC a card with his name on it: Tyler Durden.
- Tyler reveals that the same ingredients in soap can also be used to make bombs. We're going to be very, very careful with our Irish Spring in the shower from now on.