Advertisement - Guide continues below
- A guy leads Tyler and Jack to the basement of Lou's Tavern. Is this Lou himself?
- This basement is where Fight Club is born. Tyler gives the rules.
- "The first rule of fight club is: you do not talk about fight club."
- "The second rule of fight club is: you do not talk about fight club."
- "The third rule of fight club is: someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out—the fight is over."
- "Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight."
- "Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas."
- "Sixth rule: no shirts, no shoes." When Brad Pitt takes his shirt off later, this will become your favorite rule.
- "Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to."
- "And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first night a fight club…you have to fight."
- Cue a fight between Ricky, a boy who works with Jack, and a guy who works at the food court.
- Ricky wins. Yay Ricky.
- Jack sees him at work the next day, and Ricky gives him a subtle nod. But they obey the first two rules: they don't talk about fight club.