Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Gaston arrives at Honoré's house, where his uncle's eager to celebrate and asks Manuel to bring champagne.
- Gaston's not cheerful at all, saying he came over to avoid a constantly-ringing telephone, and that he feels "edgy" and "almost depressed."
- The three men drink the champagne, and Honoré toasts the suicide: "To you, may it be the first of many!"
- After the toast, the men discuss what they'll do that evening. Gaston wants to lay low, but Honoré is offended at the thought.
- Honoré insists that Gaston should be out every night celebrating, with "a different girl every night," to show the world how little he cared about Liane.