Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The beach, like the Ice Palace and Maxim's, is populated by people in fancy clothes; this time they hold parasols to shade themselves from the sun.
- Gigi and Gaston (in outrageously modest period swimsuits) play in the surf screaming and giggling in delight.
- Honoré, assuming his narrator role, sees Gaston and wonders who's that child with him.
- But there's no time to think about it; Honoré has women to chase and heads to a changing tent to meet with a lady.
- Unfortunately or fortunately, he's distracted by Madame Alvarez, who nods primly to him from her seat on the beach. He smiles and bows, losing his chance with the lady.