Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Horses are galloping, and Maximus's being carried to the place of execution.
- The men arrive at a secluded area. One orders Maximus to kneel.
- Maximus starts praying as the men get ready to do the deed.
- He asks for a clean, soldier's death. As the soldier goes to perform the execution, Maximus jerks his head back (hitting him), and grabs the sword.
- Get it, Maximus.
- He then knocks down the other soldier before turning and stabbing the would-be executioner.
- He then kills the other soldier, throws his sword at another, and finally challenges the remaining soldier, who charges at him on horseback.
- Maximus is injured in the charge, but the other guy's dead. Point one for Maximus.
- Soon, he's in the road, riding through snow and trying to get home.
- He tries to dress his wound, but it's bleeding, weakening him.
- Maximus looks barely alive.