- Softer music plays, and we see an aerial shot of a city: Rome. It looks awesome, if totally digital.
- The adoring crowds of the arena are matched by the adoring crowds of Rome welcoming the return of Commodus, the new emperor.
- He is in a chariot, along with his sister. He's dressed in a flashy, white outfit, and with a laurel on his head.
- Some members of the crowd shout "Go away, you'll never rule us, Commodus," but it's hard to get this without the subtitles on.
- The entourage reaches the senate building. Citizens and soldiers are amassed to welcome his arrival.
- The senators (Gracchus and Falco) offer opposing opinions about Commodus.
- Commodus walks up the steps, and is welcomed by the senators, who tell him there is much to discuss.
- It seems that the "loyal" citizens cheering Commodus' arrival were paid to be there.