Advertisement - Guide continues below
- We're back in Africa, and people are making their way to the arena there. The crowd is shouting.
- Maximus is sharpening his sword in an enclosed transport with other men. He walks down the line of combatants, and they all acknowledge him as "Spaniard."
- The scene clearly recalls the first in the film, where Maximus was walking among his soldiers in Germania.
- He enters the arena. There are five or six armed men in there. Maximus quickly dispatches all of them, stabbing the last guy with two swords.
- Then, he takes those two swords, and decapitates the guy before throwing one sword up into the stands where the rich slave-owners hang out.
- He screams to the crowd, twice: "Are you not entertained!?"
- He spits, throws down the other sword, and leaves. The crowd chants "Spaniard" over and over again.