- Commodus emerges from a haze, and is leaning close to Lucilla's sleeping son, his nephew.
- Lucilla approaches from behind, and she's a little worried it seems. The scene shifts, and she's preparing something.
- Commodus says he will make Rome "the wonder of the ages." Lucilla gives him the drink she was preparing as he starts talking about dissolving the Senate.
- She declines to weigh in, suggesting he rest.
- He asks her if she will stay with him (cause that's not weird or anything), she makes a joke ("Still afraid of the dark, brother?").
- He says he still is, and again requests she stay with him. She declines.
- He approaches her, and then says, "Then kiss me." She kisses his forehead, and departs. The music sounds ominous.