Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Nighttime. Fires are burning, and the Roman army is celebrating.
- Maximus enters a tent, and washes his hands in some strange looking water (it has flowers or something like that in it, so it's probably fragrant).
- Maximus chats it up with Quintus and Valerius (an old friend of sorts).
- Commodus shows up, and introduces Maximus to two senators, all while making a few snide comments on about republican government (as opposed to an empire).
- As they are walking, Lucilla (Commodus' sister) is eyeing Maximus from behind a curtain. She's clearly got the hots for him.
- Commodus is talking to Maximus about how he'll need a guy like Maximus around when he becomes emperor.
- Maximus tells Commodus, as he has told several others already, that he plans to return home to his wife, son, and the harvest.
- Marcus Aurelius arrives. Commodus tells Maximus that Lucilla is there as well, and that she hasn't forgotten Maximus.
- Hmm, sounds like Maximus and Lucilla may have had a fling at one time or another.
- Marcus Aurelius enters a tent, and sees Lucilla watching Maximus. He praises his daughter, telling her she would have made a great emperor.
- He tells Lucilla that he needs her help with Commodus, and that he (Commodus) will need her now more than ever.
- Alert, alert, alert, sounds like a big announcement is coming.
- Marcus Aurelius changes the subject, and they smile at each other as the scene ends.