Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Kenickie's car is fixed up.
- While it's not quite as slick as the fantasy-mobile, it runs…and it has a lightning bolt painted on the side.
- Danny warns Kenickie about taking on the guys at Thunder Road, which sounds like an unfilmed Mad Max sequel.
- Kenickie asks Danny to be his second-in-command, the Max to his Furiosa.
- Danny agrees. Guess he doesn't think Thunder Road is that dangerous after all.
- In the school, Sandy offers her help to Rizzo, but she says she can take care of herself.
- She can sing a solo, too, which she does, belting out "There Are Worse Things I Could Do," like cry in front of Kenickie.
- At Thunder Road, Kenickie gets ready to race Leo, Rizzo's likely baby daddy, for "pinks."
- They don't mean Pink Ladies—either the ladies or the apples—they mean pink slips. Winner gets the other one's car.
- Marty gives a penny to Kenickie for good luck, but she drops it.
- When Kenickie bends over to pick it up, someone opens the car door and smacks him in the head with it.
- That penny isn't good luck at all.
- Unable to continue with a head injury, Kenickie asks Danny to drive for him.
- Danny revs the engine, and Sandy watches from a distance.
- Leo's car has spinning spikes on the tires, like a chariot from Gladiator, but he can't knock Danny off course.
- Danny takes the lead after making a U-turn at the bridge.
- Leo attempts to shred Kenickie's poor little tin can on wheels some more, but Danny succeeds in getting the car back to the finish first.
- Congrats: he just won a beat-up car.