- It's the first day of school, and a greaser named Kenickie tells his lackeys that he was working all summer.
- He's saving up to get some wheels. How many? One? Two? Five?
- Nearby, Danny is all greased up and ready to go.
- He tells the boys he was hanging around at the beach all summer.
- He admits to meeting one chick who was "sort of cool."
- Sonny wants to know if that means she "puts out," but Danny won't kiss and tell.
- Across the quad, Sandy is nervous to start her first day at a new school. Don't worry, Sandy, we think this year will be just swell.