Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Hermione, Ron, and Ginny are at dinner in the Great Hall, and they've clearly been worried about Harry (until he walks in and sits down to dinner, phew).
- Dumbledore gets up to give his usual speech opening the school year.
- He introduces Professor Slughorn, who's going to be teaching Potions.
- Whoa, and Professor Snape is finally going to be teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts. Isn't there, uh, a reason he hasn't been allowed to do that in the past?
- Dumbledore's speech isn't overly cheery, either, referencing all the sinister stuff that's been afoot in the Wizarding world. Kinda makes us pine for those bygone Sorcerer's Stone days.
More on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince