Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Scene 10
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The trio takes a walk with Hagrid, and try to explain what happened during the game.
- They believe that Professor Snape was trying to kill Harry.
- Hagrid lets some pertinent information slip—about the three-headed dog and what it's guarding—and Harry and Ron decide to investigate further while they enjoy their holiday break at the castle.
- Harry and Ron wake on Christmas morning to presents under the tree.
- Harry opens a package from an anonymous sender that holds an invisibility cloak.
- Of course, the first thing he does it plop that sucker on in order to pay a visit to the restricted section of the local library.
- Harry's nearly discovered, and accidentally bumps into a suspicious conversation between Professor Snape and Quirrell in the hallway in the midst of his escape.
- Harry finds himself alone in a large empty room…empty except for a large, intricately framed mirror.
- The frame's inscribed with Latin, and when Harry approaches, he sees a reflection of his mother and father beside his own.
- Harry grabs Ron to share the mirror.
- Ron sees something entirely differently: himself triumphant as head boy and Quidditch champion.
- Eventually Harry returns to the mirror alone, and finds Dumbledore there.
- Together they discuss the power of the Mirror of Erised, which shows the viewer's greatest desire.
- Dumbledore asks that Harry not go searching for it once it's moved.