Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Now it's montage time. Cue the music and buckle in. We're getting the complete strategy here.
- First of all: positive emotion trumps negative emotion. This means that the inception needs to be positive: the ultimate goal is Robert realizing that his father doesn't want him to be just like him.
- However, there are actually three dreams happening concurrently: there are three levels of dreams. This positive emotion will only happen in the final level.
- The first and second level are about making the relationship more strained—the idea is to make Robert dislike his father and decide he doesn't want to be just like him.
- Ariadne is working on a few designs and Yusuf is getting creative with the sedative so that they can all wake up with a synchronized "kick" that will penetrate all dream levels.
- Oh, and by the way: if they don't wake up, they'll be stuck in the third level for 10 years. No pressure, right?
More on Inception