Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Scene 2
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Dr. Jones approaches the table of a Chinese man.
- Jones speaks a little Chinese, surprising the man with his mastery of the language.
- Indy admits that he has Nurhachi. Whatever that is. Is it a dessert? Does it come with ice cream?
- The Chinese man introduces Jones to the nightclub singer, Willie Scott. She's a lot hotter than Willard Scott, that's for sure.
- When the Chinese man says he wants Nurhachi right now, Jones grabs Willie and pushes a dinner fork into her side.
- Indy, did you learn nothing in school? That's the cold cuts fork. The stabbing-ladies fork is the second from the left.
- Before handing over Nurhachi, Jones wants what he is owed first.
- Lao, the man, puts a bag of coins on a lazy Susan, but Jones wants a diamond.
- Lao puts the diamond on the lazy Susan and Willie rotates it toward Dr. Jones.
- Now that Indy has the diamond, Lao demands Nurhachi.
- Jones has a waiter bring it over. Nurhachi isn't a tasty dessert drink. It's a little ceramic jar with the ashes of the first Emperor of the Manchu Dynasty.
- Jones drinks a toast to a successful exchange, and Lao chuckles.
- "Now, you give me the diamond," Lao says.
- Sorry, Lao, this isn't Target. No returns.
- Lao wants to trade the diamond in exchange for the antidote to the poison Dr. Jones just drank.
- Uh-oh. Poison? And he thought the room was spinning because it was a really strong Mai Tai.
- Jones returns the diamond and pokes Willie with the fork again. She's going to have more holes in her than the plot of this movie.
- Indy calls over the "waiter," Wu Han, who turns out to be his old friend.
- Wu Han has a gun pointed at Lao. There is no way Lao's leaving him a good tip now.
- Wu Han doesn't last long. When champagne bottles pop in celebration, one of Lao's men pops a cap in Wu Han.
- Diamonds. Gorgeous dresses. Betrayal. Poison. All we need is Theresa Giudice to flip a table, and this is basically an episode of Real Housewives.