Advertisement - Guide continues below
- For a one-man welcome wagon, the Indian dude isn't very chatty.
- He points Indy in the direction of a decrepit little village.
- Inside the village, all the residents plead to Indy for help.
- They reach for him and pet him as if they're fans at a Star Wars premiere groping Harrison Ford.
- The villagers bring Indy and Willie some food, but she's too stuck up to eat it.
- Indy forces her to eat it, and she takes a big fingerful. It can't be that bad…especially compared to what she'll be eating later.
- The village elder asks Indy to go to Pankot Palace where a new Maharaja has moved in.
- He's not a neighbor they want. He spreads evil across the land.
- The elder says that they prayed, and then Indy fell from the sky. Indy has been sent to help them.
- They show Indy where their sacred stone was stolen by the Maharaja.
- Oh, and the Maharaja didn't just take the rock. He stole their children, too.
- Bad idea, because a kid later stumbles into the village with a message for Indy. The Maharaja should have stuck to rocks. Rocks can't talk.
- The message is a little piece of cloth with a picture on it. Indy sees it and says, "Sankara." He tells Short Round about the Sankara stones, magical stones that can bring fortune and glory.
More on Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom