Life Is Beautiful Scene 5
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- At town hall, Guido asks a secretary what it'll take to open a bookstore. The secretary says he'll need the department head to sign an application.
- Guido realizes he still has the eggs in his pocket and removes them while dictating his application to the secretary.
- The department head, one Rodolfo by name, comes out. Guido asks for his signature, but Rodolfo tells him no and leaves the office.
- Guido complains about the man's nasty demeanor. While doing so, he leans against the window sill and knocks a flower pot out.
- The flower pot, of course, falls with perfect comedic timing to nail Rodolfo on the noggin. The impact even comes with that classic pot crash sound effect.
- Guido rushes downstairs to see if Rodolfo's okay. He puts the eggs in the man's hat and helps him up.
- Rodolfo angrily says Guido can forget about the bookstore and reaches for his hat. Guido tries to warn him, but Rodolfo gets egged anyway.
- Guido runs and, um, borrows a passerby's bike. Pedaling down the street, he loses control and bumps into Dora, who's teaching a class.
- He only has time to give her a quick "Good morning, Princess" before he continues running from Rodolfo.