Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Fast-forward in time: Simba is now a young cub, standing atop Pride Rock. He wakes up his mom and dad in a highly annoying, little-kid fashion.
- Mufasa shows Simba the Pride Lands, telling him that everything the light touches is their kingdom.
- Simba asks about a shadowy place, and Mufasa tells him never to go there. He then lectures Simba on the delicate balance of the ecosystem they live in, preparing the young prince for his turn as king.
- Zazu arrives with the morning report. Mufasa then uses him as a dummy to teach Simba how to pounce.
- After Simba pounces on him, Zazu gets word from a gopher that there are hyenas in the Pride Lands.
- Mufasa leaves to take care of the hyena situation, and Simba complains that he never gets to do anything fun and cool like his dad does.