Mad Max: Fury Road Scene 20
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- At night, the women make camp, and look out over the "plains of silence."
- Dag tells one of the women they've met that she's pregnant with Immortan Joe's child.
- The woman then shows her her most prized possession: a bag full of seeds. Awesome?
- In fact, she's known as the Keeper of the Seeds, and it's her responsibility to keep these seeds from home safe so she can continue to plant them whenever she can.
- We cut to Max. He's making a map, using his own blood as ink. Gross. Boss.
- Furiosa approaches and wants to speak with him.
- She tells them that they've decided to try to cross the salt flats—the plains of silence. It's their best shot.
- They'll leave the rig, load up the motorcycles, and ride for at least 160 days—as long as their supplies last. Hopefully they'll end up somewhere…not here.
- She offers Max a bike, fully loaded. She also offers him a chance to ride with them, if he wants.
- He tells her he'll make his own way. "Hope is a mistake," he says. "If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane."
- We're getting the sense that he speaks from experience.