Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Arthur and Bedevere can't find Lancelot (who's being patted down by a police officer investigating the historian's murder).
- They hear a very strange noise and follow it to a Viking-esque canoe-looking boat and ride it to Castle Aaarrhhhggg. Turns out it really was a castle, not the death throes of Joseph of Arimathea.
- But—sacre bleu!—the French have beaten them to it. Arthur tries to break down the door but is deterred by an onslaught of randomly thrown things, buckets of feces, and a multitude of insults.
- Arthur and Bedevere regroup across the unbelievably shallow lake surrounding Castle Aaarrhhhggg. To Bedevere's surprise, Arthur has an entire army assembled to attack the castle.
- But when he orders a charge and they all rush forward, they're cut off by the police.
- The historian's wife gets out and points at Arthur, who she accuses of cutting her husband's throat. The police bag him and put him in the back of the car.
- Then they make the camera crew shut down and…that's it. That's how it ends. Just like that.
- So Monty Python.
More on Monty Python and the Holy Grail