Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The pair enter a small village where some villagers have dressed a woman as a witch and want to burn her.
- The wise Sir Bedevere comes to her rescue. He explains that witches burn because they are made of wood, and because wood floats…wait, we're a little lost and so are the villagers.
- Luckily, Arthur shows up in time to explain that ducks also float.
- Ah, so if she weighs as much as a duck then she's a witch. And hey, she does weigh as much as a duck…or was that a goose?
- Anyway, she'll be burned and Sir Bedevere has proven worthy to be the first of the Knights of the Round Table, a position he gladly accepts.
More on Monty Python and the Holy Grail