- McMurphy stews about his defeat while Mr. Harding and some others try to play a game of Monopoly.
- Once again, the game descends into chaos because no one is playing by the rules. Harding gets into another fight with Taber (played by Christopher Lloyd).
- So McMurphy turns on a hose and sprays down the patients to break up the fight—plus he's still annoyed that they voted down his World Series idea.
- Mr. Harding calls McMurphy a lunatic. McMurphy says it doesn't matter because he's heading downtown to watch the World Series. Cheswick volunteers to go with him.
- McMurphy bets that he can escape to watch the baseball game by tearing a water fountain out of the floor and throwing it through a window.
- Taber bets him a dollar he can't do it. Harding bets twenty-five dollars that McMurphy can't do it. Oh, it's on.
- The men all gather around to see McMurphy try, but he fails to even budge the water fountain.
- He walks away while everyone else is silent, and before leaving he says, "But I tried, didn't I? At least I did that."