Advertisement - Guide continues below
The Part Where She Almost Gets Eaten by a Lion
- Karen's enjoying the scenery when her horse suddenly spooks from where she left him tied up.
- No gun, and face to face with a lioness.
- Denys arrives just in time to help.
- He explains that she can't run, and after a harrowing experience the lioness departs peacefully.
- Denys and their friend Berkeley (Michael Kitchen) offer their company for the evening, seeing as Bror's left her alone.
- She shows the boys around the farm, and they entertain themselves with dinner, stories and songs afterwards.
- When Berkeley and Denys depart, Denys gives Karen a fine pen to write down her stories; she's good at them.
More on Out of Africa