Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Vidal learns from Serrano about all the reinforcements the rebels have received. They're now outnumbered by thirty or so men.
- He returns to his room before Ofelia has a chance to leave, and just when she's about to sneak out the door behind him an explosion makes him turn and see her.
- She takes off and he chases her down with his gun.
- She runs to the labyrinth. The labyrinth walls part, making a direct path to the faun while leaving the drowsy Vidal behind.
- But Ofelia won't give her brother to the faun…because he wants to prick him with the sword Ofelia retrieved. He needs a drop of innocent blood to open the portal.
- He yells at her but she won't concede. So the faun leaves just as Vidal walks up behind her. He can't see the faun: only Ofelia talking to the air.
- He takes his son from her and shoots her in the stomach. She collapses.
- But when Vidal exits the labyrinth he finds himself surrounded by the rebels, with Pedro and Mercedes at the forefront.
- He hands over his son and asks that they tell him what time his father died.
- Mercedes reply is, "No, he won't even know your name."
- Then Pedro shoots him in the face.