Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Senator Palpatine and Chancellor Valorum meet the Queen on Coruscant. Qui-Gon informs the Chancellor that he must speak with the Jedi Council immediately and sends Anakin and Jar Jar with Padmé.
- Senator Palpatine relates to the Queen that the Senate is full of greedy delegates, lacking interest in the common good.
- Palpatine doesn't think the Senate will act on the invasion and the Chancellor lacks the power to force them into action.
- The Queen asks what they can do, and Palpatine suggests that she call for a vote of no confidence in the Chancellor or submit a plea to the courts.
- The Queen rejects both ideas, believing the Chancellor is their supporter and the courts take too long.
More on Star Wars: The Phantom Menace