Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Jar Jar and the Queen are discussing the fate of their people when Panaka enters to tell the Queen that Palpatine has been nominated to succeed Valorum.
- Palpatine is confident he'll be voted Chancellor, but the Queen fears that by the time he has the power there will be no one left to help. She decides to return to Naboo.
- Elsewhere, the Council tells Qui-Gon that Anakin is not to be trained, as he is too old. (You'd think they would have just asked him his age during the application process, but no.)
- Qui-Gon says he will take Anakin as his Padawan and that Obi-Wan is ready to face the trials to become a Jedi Knight.
- Yoda puts a pin in the issue, and Mace Windu orders Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to go with the Queen to Naboo and discover the identity of the Sith attacker.
More on Star Wars: The Phantom Menace