Advertisement - Guide continues below
- In the next scene, Charlie tells Susanna the story of the only time he drove the car—with no permission (don't try this at home, kids).
- He felt entitled because he did well in school, but his dad had said no.
- He apparently got pulled over, and his dad let him stew in jail for two days.
- Susanna is shocked this is the first time she's heard this story—again, she seems pretty hung up on Charlie's refusal to tell her stuff.
- He also tells the story of how when he was a kid, he had an imaginary protector named the Rain Man, who would sing to him when he was scared.
- It's raining outside at that moment, so perhaps it's only natural to be thinking about that.
More on Rain Man