Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Sara puts on makeup and dances in front of the mirror, but she looks more like Bozo the Clown than Lucille Ball.
- Later that night, everything is eerily quiet.
- There's a weird noise blaring through the apartment. Anyone born before 2000 knows it's the sound a landline makes when it's left off the hook.
- The lights in the apartment flicker like the trailer for a bad found-footage horror movie.
- Sara wanders around the apartment like a ghost, but she runs to her bedroom and hides when the refrigerator jumps at her.
- This is why you never buy off-brand appliances.
- Sara, her gray roots showing through her red clown hair, emerges from her bedroom to watch TV.
- She imagines herself on the TV, but her fantasy is always interrupted by the fridge inching closer and closer.
- And closer.
- And closer.
- And growling at her.
- Suddenly, the Sara from TV and Tappy from TV are in Sara's living room, flickering like the creepy well child from The Ring.
- They make fun of Sara's dilapidated apartment and her old furniture.
- Then, everyone on the TV is pointing and laughing at her alone in her armchair.
- Stagehands tear open the wall of her apartment to set up lights all around her.
- Reality TV has really gotten out of hand.
- Tappy and glamor Sara in the red dress do a conga line around strung-out-on-diet-pills Sara in her threadbare armchair.
- Everyone starts chanting, "Feed me, Sara" as the fridge gets closer.
- OMG RUN.
- Sara flees the apartment, and her room is quiet, except for the beeping of the test pattern on the TV.
- We see her wander the streets of New York, lost and confused.
More on Requiem for a Dream