Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Sara watches her infomercial, where Tappy condemns sugar.
- Doesn't he know his slogan is "Juice by you!"? Juice is full of sugar.
- Like a Looney Tunes character on a deserted island, Sara looks around her apartment and imagines that every object looks like a delicious dish of food.
- We're salivating just looking at the clock on her mantel.
- Sara even imagines she has X-Ray vision and can see all the delicious contents of her fridge.
- We're worried she'll eat the banana magnet right off the fridge door.
- Sara turns off the TV and tries to go to bed.
- Visions of sugared sweets dance in her head. She sees pies and cupcakes hovering over her.
- Unable to get desserts off the brain, Sara calls her friend and asks for the number of the diet-pill doctor.
- The doctor, without even making eye contact with her, writes a prescription for diet pills.
- Ah, the American medical system at work.
More on Requiem for a Dream