- Back in Linus' office, the board and Elizabeth and Oliver are all gathered. Miss McCardle brings the smelling salts.
- They're all waiting for David. Linus looks out, sees the boat has gone, and starts the meeting.
- Everyone asks, "What about David?"
- Linus starts to gear up to explain that David has run away with anther woman and the wedding is off and the deal is off.
- But before he can get to the point, David appears, with an umbrella no less (remember, umbrellas mean boring people who are not going to Paris.)
- David seems awfully chipper about the whole thing. He points out that the papers say that Linus has gone to Paris on the ship.
- He starts to say that Sabrina is a gold-digger, so Linus decks him.
- David cheerfully declares that he was just helping Linus to see that he's in love with Sabrina.
- He tells Linus he's arranged for a tugboat to get him to the boat.
- And he throws him the umbrella for him to go to catch Sabrina.
- Oliver decides to run the meeting since Linus is gone, but he sits down and it turns out he's put a container of olives in his back pocket, which breaks and cuts his butt.