Schindler's List Scene 30
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Oskar's Jews are pulled from the camp and loaded onto trains. The men arrive safely at Oskar's new factory in his home town in Czechoslovakia. The women aren't so lucky.
- Through someone's error, they're put on the train to Auschwitz.
- The giant train pulls into the gates of Auschwitz.
- The women quietly follow orders.
- We cut to Oskar, who's discovered that there was a mistake, that the women's train had not arrived at the factory.
- In Auschwitz, the women are put through the preparation for the bath house, which we've already learned doubles as a gas chamber. Luckily, only water comes out of the showerheads today.
- As the women leave, we get to see where the gas chambers are and watch the people being marched to them.
- Josef Mengele, the butcher doctor of Auschwitz, strolls among the group of girls.
- One of the women explains that they're Schindler's Jews. Mengele's not impressed.
- Oskar travels to the camp and offers a substantial bribe to get the girls out of Auschwitz. After some delicate bartering and negotiation, the women are loaded onto trains to Czechoslovakia.
- A guard starts grabbing the daughters away from their mothers.
- Oskar stops them. He explains that he needs the children's small fingers to polish the insides of shell casings.
- Oskar returns with the women he's managed to rescue.