Advertisement - Guide continues below
- "This isn't going to have a happy ending," says Somerset at a bar. Yeah, we'd need a drink too after what just happened.
- Mills isn't as cynical, and he wants to know how Somerset got this way.
- Somerset says he can't continue living in a place that embraces apathy as if it were a virtue.
- Mills leaves the bar, unable to agree with Somerset's negative worldview.
- He returns home to spoon Tracy and tell her that he loves her.
- Meanwhile, all Somerset has in his apartment is his ticking metronome. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.
- Sick of the tick, he chucks it across the room.
- Unable to sleep, he throws his switchblade at his dartboard. He's got good aim. Don't play darts with Morgan Freeman.