Advertisement - Guide continues below
- That night, Dad apologizes to Sam for forgetting her sixteenth birthday.
- Um, you're cutting it close, Dad, with like, three minutes left. And where's the cake?
- She's a little more forgiving than we are, and she thanks him. Sentimental music plays. It's all very sweet.
- Dad asks her if anything else is wrong, but she won't tell him what's up.
- Dad thinks it has to do with her sister marrying a "bohunk."
- Sam says she's upset because she loves Jake, but she's too dorky to be in his league.
- Dad gives her the "you're wonderful" Dad talk. It's very serious and tender for a movie that has a character in it named Long Duk Dong.
- As one last piece of advice, Dad tells Sam not to let a guy boss her around. "Make sure he knows you wear the pants in the family."
- That reminds Sam that she gave her underwear away. It's 10 p.m. Do you know where your undies are?