Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Cue 80's montage of teens at school—ripped jeans, buttons on jackets, chunky plastic bracelets.
- At her locker, Sam's friend Randy assures her that her family didn't really forget her birthday. They're just pre-occupied with the upcoming wedding.
- Frizzy-haired Randy suggests Sam remind her parents and then use the guilt to her advantage.
- In study hall, Sam fills out an anonymous sex survey on a piece of notebook paper.
- She says she would "do it" with Jake Ryan, and she passes it to her friend.
- Of course, Randy misses the note entirely because she's doing what every smart student does during a free period: sleep.
- Jake Ryan picks up the note. Scandal.
- Sam says if anyone finds out she wrote that note, she'd "s*** twice and die." Better stock up on Ex-Lax, Sam.