Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The next day, Vaughan takes Karl out for lunch.
- Karl gets his usual: French-fried potaters and mustard.
- Vaughan admits to Karl that he is gay, but he says he stays in the small town because he cares for Linda and Frank.
- Vaughan warns Karl that Doyle is a "monster." He says he's tried to tell Linda that Doyle will hurt her someday.
- Vaughan wants Karl to promise that he won't hurt Frank and Linda.
- Right now, the only thing that Karl would hurt is those French fries he's tearing up.
- Vaughan believes that Karl looks like a deep thinker, and he says he wants to know what Karl is thinking.
- Karl says he's been thinking of French fries and potted meat.
- Real deep, man. Real deep.