Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Karl returns to the state hospital. He wants to go back.
- But Woolridge won't let Karl back in. That's not how getting released works.
- Woolridge pitches an idea to Karl: perhaps he can work at a fix-it shop.
- Mr. Woolridge puts Karl up in his own house for the night, before taking him down to Millsboro the next day.
- At the fix-it shop, Woolridge introduces Bill and Scooter to Karl.
- Scooter doesn't have a problem having Karl in the shop. He says he always wanted to kill Jesse Dixon himself.
- Bill offers Karl minimum wage, an old army cot, and a toilet—better benefits than most jobs offer today.
- At the end of the day, Bill says Karl did a good job.
- Bill locks Karl in the store but says maybe someday they'll get him a key.
- It's not like Karl has a busy social life, anyway.