- Frank takes Karl to his "secret place," a quiet spot by a lake.
- Frank and Karl talk about being poor and having dead parents. Real uplifting lunchtime talk.
- Frank says that his momma's boyfriend, Doyle, is mean, stingy, and probably has other girlfriends.
- Frank likes Vaughan better but says that Vaughan is funny. "Not funny ha-ha, funny queer."
- If only Vaughan liked to go out with women, he could be Momma's boyfriend, which Frank thinks would be an upgrade.
- Frank confesses that his dad died from suicide. He left a letter saying he felt ashamed that he couldn't provide for the family financially.
- Like we said: what an uplifting lunchtime chat.