The Sound of Music Scene 22
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The captain is quizzing the kids on why they're late for dinner.
- They make up a story about going berry picking and eating all of the berries.
- The captain sends them to bed without dinner. He knows they're lying.
- The children start singing "My Favorite Things" to try to cheer themselves up. It's not working.
- Suddenly, a familiar voice breaks in—it's Maria. The kids run up to hug her and they finish the song together.
- They tell her that their father's going to be married. She's clearly shocked and disappointed, but covers it up. Not well, though.
- The captain comes right out and tries to ask her why she left. She asks him not to ask.
- The baroness comes out, and Maria congratulates them on their upcoming marriage.
- The captain asks Maria if she's back to stay, and she says only until they can make arrangements for another governess.