The Sound of Music Scene 7
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Maria's late to dinner. When she sits down, she discovers a pine cone on her chair.
- She laughs loudly, but when the captain asks why she's reacted that way, she doesn't rat the children out, blaming her bizarre behavior on rheumatism.
- Maria insists on saying grace, and she thanks the children for the "gift" they left in her pocket to make her feel so welcomed and at home.
- The captain has no idea what she's talking about, but the kids feel horribly guilty for their prank; they start crying.
- The captain's not sure why they're sobbing like crazy, but Maria shrugs it off, saying they're "just happy."
- She's really a natural at this governess thing, just like Mary Poppins.