Star Trek V: The Final Frontier Scene 11
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Meanwhile, as the shuttle flies back to Enterprise, Scotty and Chekov monitor the arrival of Klaa's Klingon warship.
- We're brought to said warship, where Klaa orders the crew to go into cloak mode, which is a nifty stealth technology employed by the Klingons.
- Chekov, who's currently the ship's acting captain, tells Scotty to raise the shields and get Enterprise ready for a fight.
- Aboard the approaching shuttle, the three "hostages" tell Spock, Kirk, Sulu, and Bones that they'll bring the rest of their followers aboard Enterprise once they take control of it.
- The shuttle receives a message from Chekov about the shields going up, which makes it impossible for the shuttle to enter the dock without exposing Enterprise to the Klingon warship.
- Strangely, Sybok allows Kirk to take the lead. Kirk immediately hails Enterprise, which alerts Klaa that his quarry is aboard the shuttle, not the ship.
- Over the communicator, Kirk tells Chekov to execute "emergency landing plan B." Based on the confused looks of everyone involved, we can tell this is not a real thing.
- Kirk explains that they'll fly the shuttle into the ship manually, though this is the first time Sulu has attempted this particular maneuver. That's just swell.
- As the shuttle approaches the ship, the Klingon warship locks on to it. The shuttle narrowly makes it inside the bay doors, skidding along the surface and crashing into netting.
- The Klingon warship lets loose a shot, but Enterprise has already jumped to warp speed. Klaa orders his crew to follow the Federation vessel.