Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Scene 17
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Enterprise and Excelsior lazily fly alongside each other.
- Aboard the now-ragged Enterprise, Kirk extends his thanks to Sulu. Excelsior flies away.
- This is a triumphant moment, but it's also a sad one, as the crew will be saying goodbye to Enterprise for the last time. They're being decommissioned.
- Shockingly, Spock suggests that Enterprise tell Starfleet to "go to hell" instead of heading back to dock. Atta boy.
- Kirk orders Chekov to take the ship for one last joyride.
- Cue a captain's log. Kirk talks about how Enterprise's legacy will be carried into the future by her next crew—whoever they may be.
- Enterprise heads into a bright star in the center of the frame, its light expanding until it overtakes the entire screen and sets the credits a-rolling.