Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Captain's log: the entity is now four hours for Earth, but as of yet, Decker has been unable to revive the inner Ilia.
- Currently, this odd couple is hanging out in the rec area. Decker shows Ilia a game they used to play, and for a moment, it seems like she's alive again. It's gone a second later.
- Ilia wants to know why the Enterprise needs "carbon-units" to function. Her goal, she explains, is to reduce "carbon-units" into "data patterns."
- Decker uses this as an opportunity to suggest opening up Ilia's memory, saying that it will help her understand humans better.
- Meanwhile, we watch Spock creep up on a crew member at work and give him a "Vulcan nerve pinch," which basically just knocks a person unconscious.
- Elsewhere, Decker is having robo-Ilia try on old Ilia's hats. And it seems to works: she turns around and identifies everyone in the room by name.
- Decker and Ilia share a tender moment and he asks her to help them make contact with V'Ger. She can't. And then, once again, she slips back into robo mode.
More on Star Trek: The Motion Picture