Advertisement - Guide continues below
- And boom: back at it again with the Star Trek theme song. We're now enjoying a lovely view of the planet Earth and what seems to be a futuristic Golden Gate Bridge.
- We enter Starfleet Headquarters. Starfleet (a.k.a. "The Federation") are the good guys. They're us.
- There's a bustle of activity as a monorail arrives with a very notable passenger: James T. Kirk, star of the original Star Trek series and former Captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise.
- He approaches a man named Commander Sonak. Sonak is the Enterprise's new science officer. That was Spock's old gig.
- Kirk is annoyed because he had expected Sonak to be on the Enterprise already: they've got to leave soon. He's only here because he has to meet with the Admiral.
- Based on their conversation, it seems like Kirk is the one who's not supposed to be on the Enterprise. Hmm…
More on Star Trek: The Motion Picture