Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Morning on Jakku is apparently just as crummy as evening.
- Local scavenger Rey (Daisy Ridley) begins another bracing workday scuttling around the remains of a wrecked Star Destroyer looking for junk.
- She sells what she finds to Local Walking Boil Unkar Plutt (Simon Pegg), who takes her for all she's worth.
- She returns to her lovely abode in the remains of an AT-AT, puts a notch on the wall, eats her suspiciously fungal-looking dinner and…waits.
- She's drawn to electronic cries of distress: it's BB-8, being hassled by the local weirdo.
- Rey deploys her harsh, yo-yo vanquishing tone of voice and sends said weirdo on his way.
- She doesn't want to keep BB-8, but the little guy is just so cute…
- She agrees to let him spend the night.
- Rey takes BB-8 to the local scuzz pit, Niima Outpost, the next day.
- Plutt offers to buy him for a significant amount of food, but Rey refuses.
- Plutt orders his Junior Boils to follow her.
More on Star Wars: The Force Awakens